When it comes to our home, we all want it to look fantastic and be in-line with the latest design trends. If you think your home is becoming a little shabby looking and you are refusing to invite friends over due to this, why not give your home an injection of life and take a look at some of the latest design trends we have collected below.
Living rooms are usually the centre of attention when it comes to design trends in your home. While some of these trends have been wacky and frowned upon when looked back upon, there are some trends that make any living room look fantastic.
- Make it technology free – Your living room is meant to be relaxing and the room you spend time with your family in, however sometimes this can be misconceived with the amount of technology we have on offer to use. Creating a technology free living area can vastly improve the practicality of what the intention of this room is.
- Fireplaces – While fireplaces are looked at as a revolution of the 90’s era, these can look fantastic when used in homes of today. Fireplaces of today are simplistic and most of them come in slick black finishes that look fantastic in any room. Modern fireplaces also feature flame effects, giving the illusion of a burning flame in your room.
- Furniture – If you own a home you should already know that furniture is the main contributor to how your home looks. If you fill your home with cheap furniture from the local charity shop, don’t expect it to look fantastic and trendy. Modern furniture can come at a price, however if you shop around you should be able to find some decent looking furniture that won’t require a re-mortgage.
Besides your living room, your kitchen is one of the only rooms in your home that contains enough appliances for you to invest some of your hard earned cash into. While this may be expensive, updating your kitchen can really impact the appearance of your home more than any other room.
- Tiling – Decoration is one of the main factors that decides if your home looks outdated or modern and trendy. When decorating your kitchen area you need to take into consideration whether or not you want to simply paint this, or use a combination of paint and tiling. Paint is the obvious option due to it being cheap and easy to do yourself. However this can quickly become dirty after general kitchen tasks such as cooking and washing up. Using tiling in areas such as around your cooker and sinks allows for easy cleaning and also adds a touch of elegance to the room. Limestone Tiles seem to be the popular choice on today’s market and I am not surprised as they are pretty simplistic and will brighten up your kitchen.
- Appliances – The main purpose of your kitchen is to cook, clean, wash and do a range of other household tasks. Most of these tasks are carried out by the appliances that are featured in your kitchen. While these appliances are practical, they can also impact the look of your home. Cheap white appliances give the appearance of exactly what they are…cheap! Investing in a modern kitchen set will give your home an instant transformation, making it look a lot trendier than with a cheap white appliance set.
- Furniture – As with your living room, furniture can really impact the look of your kitchen. Investing in a simple dining table set can give the room a lease of life, while also providing a place to eat for your whole family.
One of the only other rooms that will make a huge difference to the appearance of your home is your bathroom. This room is the home to several facilities that you will use on a daily basis including a wash basin, shower or bath and toilet. Due to this your bathroom not only needs to look good, it also needs to be clean and fresh too.
- Decoration – As above with your kitchen, decoration is key to the appearance of your bathroom. Tiling also looks fantastic when used in your bathroom as well as your kitchen. This doesn’t necessarily need to be the same type of tiling used in your kitchen, however matching this will look smart.
- Bathroom suite – Your bathroom suite is the main focus of your bathroom area. This includes all daily use facilities such as your toilet, shower and wash basin. The suite you choose obviously depends on the budget you have to spend and how much of that you want to invest in your bathroom. I would advise visiting a local bathroom store to get an idea of the different types of bathroom suites you can install before you go ahead and purchase the first one you see.
- Storage – As you will probably know, storage is a really important part of your bathroom to consider. You can never have too much storage space for daily essentials such as deodorant, shower gel and hair products. Due to small bathrooms becoming more and more common nowadays, storage has been implemented into areas you wouldn’t really think it would be. This includes in your shower area, below your wash basin, behind your mirror and much more. The introduction of bespoke vanity units has turned a few heads in recent times. These are custom built wash basin units which feature under basin storage areas. As these are custom built, you can decide how much storage you want to implement under your wash basin area.
If you follow a few of these simple design trends, your home will look fantastic in next to no time.