Whether you believe it or not, moving is a crazy and stressful venture for you and your family. This is especially true if it’s your first time to relocate to a new location this 2019. However, with proper planning and preparation, you can use some helpful ways to survive the process without stressing yourself out. Here are five moving tips to make your relocation a hassle-free experience this 2019.
1. Think of it as a decluttering opportunity.
If you see moving as a constant hassle, it’ll really become one. However, instead of looking at it that way, take it as an excellent opportunity to purge and declutter your home and keep only those essential items. Getting rid of everything unnecessary can be a terrific way of tidying up your new house. After all, too much clutter can be a hassle, which is why there’s no point of keeping old stuff with you. To clear your new space with too many things, hold a garage sale, sell them online or donate them to a local charity. That way, you’ll be able to sort out useless items and earn some extra cash both at the same time.
2. Give yourself ample time and deadlines.
Nothing is more hassle than knowing you only have a few days left before you move out from your former house. If you’re looking to avoid this situation, it’s important to build yourself sufficient time to make the entire transition hassle-free. This means you have to dedicate ample time to accomplish all your tasks. For example, you may promise yourself a day to pack up one room. Doing so will save you from too much stress, making your move a less tedious one. Also, it’ll help if you set mini-deadlines for yourself as it gives you the benefit of time.
3. Don’t do it on your own.
When you’re planning a move, the best way to free yourself from any hassle is to outsource and delegate. Besides, you don’t have to do all the tasks alone. So, try using online resources to look for people like hassle-free movers for hire who can help you move smoothly. Moving can be an overwhelming experience. That said, you may need as many hands you can get to make light work. If you’re relocating for the first time, seeking professional assistance can be an ideal option. Experienced moving companies know exactly what you need to ensure you have a hassle-free move this coming 2019. Additionally, you may also try asking your friends if they can assist throughout the process.
4. Plan and get an early start.
Most of the time, deadlines will make you feel as if there’s no adequate time to do everything, which turns out to be a hassle on your end. However, if you plan and get an early jump, you’ll be able to get all the tasks done with ease. This means starting a few months ahead to eliminate the pressure of accomplishing everything last minute. If you want a hassle-free relocation, you need to be prepared about anything that concerns your moving. Getting an early start will also give you an opportunity to make a backup plan if something unexpected happens. For example, you can keep a list of moving companies on hand in case your hired mover can’t make it. So, it’s essential to have everything ready by the big day so dealing with a potential problem will be much easier.
5. Create a strategic packing plan.
Remember, packing can be the most challenging part of moving from one place to another. That said, be sure you have a strategic packing plan in place to avoid any hassle. Below are some ways to pack up your stuff efficiently:
- Start gathering a stack of packing supplies such as boxes, packing tapes, newspapers, and colored markers. You may ask your friends if they have extra boxes from their previous relocation or go to local grocery stores to ask if you can have a stack of their boxes.
- Pack your belongings from one room to another. For example, box up everything in the bedroom before moving to the living room.
- Use one suitcase per person by which you can keep the items easily, making it more accessible when the time comes that you’ll need it.
- Label each box by listing all the things which you can find inside. That way, you’ll know which room you should put them the moment you unload your boxes.
- Protect all your valuable possessions to reduce your stress levels while moving. Be sure you keep them in a safe location or a deposit box. For your wedding rings, passports, and other relevant documents, it’s best if you keep them with you.
The Bottom Line
Ideally, moving doesn’t have to be complicated. Now that you’re aware of these five moving tips, you can be sure of a hassle-free move this 2019. Thus, if you’re planning to relocate to New York City, professionals like Movers NYC are always there to assist you. All you need to do is get in touch with them, and they’ll handle your upcoming move successfully.