Australia is both a country and a continent. As such, most of the highly urbanized centres such as Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth are located near the coastlines, mainly because of the ports that facilitate international trades.
This means that the distances between the major urban centres are considerable. So if you have an office-based business and are planning to transfer to a new and better commercial location, then you must tap the expertise of office relocation service providers to ensure a smooth move to a promising new location in a different part of Australia.
Advantages to Take Into Consideration
Hiring professional removalists can make the experience of moving to a new office location better in more ways than one.
- Depending on the nature of your business and the size of your company, you could potentially save more money if you choose to transport your office equipment and furniture rather than buy new ones at the new location.
- Certain office equipment, such as computers and copiers, are sensitive to impact and may easily be damaged by high temperature and moisture or humidity. It is a good thing that removalists are knowledgeable, trained and skilled in properly packaging, handling and storing bulky and sensitive equipment.
- In some cases, the move to the new office may not be completed immediately, such as when the new building still needs to have some finishing touches. If this is the case, you may need to get the office equipment and furniture out of your current office and put them in storage before having them transported to the new location. It helps that many removalist companies today also offer storage facilities, so they can also help you temporarily secure your items before the ove can commence.
Once the company’s decision to move the workplace is final, and you have opted to tap the services of a removalist, you can begin taking the following steps to begin the hassle-free move to a new location.
1. Prepare the necessary paperwork
When relocating offices, certain documents must be prepared, such as an inventory of office equipment. You may also need to secure special permits to transport particular items, such as pressurized gas tanks. Insurance is also necessary to cover some or all of the items to be transported.
2. Create a shortlist and compare various removalist companies
To save on money and to avoid receiving bad service, it’s best to make a list of several removalist companies and to carefully stack them up against each other. You may compare the specific services that they offer, their facilities, their fees, and their reputation.
Consider asking a removalist’s former clients for recommendations or joining online forums to ask for good referrals or read client reviews. Make sure to choose a company that offers excellent service and the best value for their rates; it’s not always a guarantee that the company with the lowest or highest rates will provide the best service. However, if you must choose between quality and financial cost, always aim to choose quality.
Here’s an extra tip: Avoid hiring movers that are based far away from your area. You may need to pay additional cost for the fuel they will use to drive to and from your location. Many removalist companies have various branch offices and storage facilities that are spread across Australia, so pick the best company that won’t have to travel far to reach you. Note as well that local businesses are more likely to charge less.
3. Get the items ready for packing and transport
Employees can help in organizing and tagging the items that need to be transported. They can be tasked with putting labels on the various equipment and components so that they will not get all mixed up. Sort the items according to the different rooms or areas where they will go in the new location so that everything that must be kept together will stay together. Make sure to disassemble the office equipment that requires it and keep all parts together so they can be properly reassembled in the new office.
Most office and furniture removalists offer high-quality protective packaging for clients’ items, as well as packing and unpacking services upon request. They have the knowledge, training and skill to correctly pack up the items that your company has prepared and organized for removal.
4. Plan your route
Your company may either travel to the new office location ahead of the removalist or travel alongside them, as in a convoy. It’s best to go with the travel plan that will suit your specific needs and budget the most. This way, you can save on time and resources and arrive at the new office with all your items according to schedule.
Any office relocation can be challenging, but the services of trusted and fully professional removalists can make the whole process a lot more efficient and successful.
Kim Hill works on Marketing at Adams & Rofe Removals and Storage and has been a dynamic figure in the removal industry for over 30 years. For relocating families, individuals or offices around Sydney or all over Australia, Kim will develop the perfect removal plan to take the stress out of your next move.